Monday, November 19, 2012

November 12


family!! and friend if they are still reading ha ha
 
So much to tell you. really this week has been unreal.  hardest I've had.
Really i almost just gave up this morning but a few letters reminded
me why i am here.  And a scripture i remembered in ether 15. 34.
basically says doesn't matter what happens to me. if i suffer a ton or
if the life is easy. My loyalty is to the Lord and I'll do what it
takes to make it to him in the end.  Even i if i don't have  ¨success¨
like tons of baptisms that's not what matters. if i work like i need to
and do all that is possible to  help people to come to Christ and at
least plant a seed. its worth it. That has change my mind set of
contacting people. Before it was, oh they probable don't live in my area
so I'm not going to bother talking to them.  But now it is so much
more.

This week i started with a trainee. Now I'm with out a companion completely.
 And i probably wont have one for the whole transfer. Just  a mini
missionary as they are called. Some one that is leaving on their mission
and can be with me 24 hours because i cant be alone. I have a division
during the day and sleep with the zone leaders at night.  basically
100 percent of the area depends on me. And i feel the pressure.

Yesterday i went to the the mission leader to pick people up for church the
people who already said yes.  Not one of them came. They all bailed. Its so
discouraging.  i felt like everything i was doing was in vain.

One investigator is name Merry Rojas. is 60 i think she doesn't
remember. she has a really bad memory. its a really long story but she
is living with her sister in law and this week hopefully can be
baptized.   last week week before the transfers we finally had
baptisms. 2 Dayna and Delia. it was really cool. and these past days
since, they have been so happy. I've seen the difference. i hope they can
continue progressing.

But its really hard finding new people. They let us in the first time
and listen and seem interested but after that it is so hard to teach
them again. i don't know what to do .  Finally we got some referrals but
nothing that great has happened.  I'm really depending on the Lord
right now.

Dave with your letter talking about the anchor in our life and stuff i
thought of these scriptures.  Mormon 5.18 and ether 12.4  thanks for
the letter and for the talk from your dad.  still shoveling

Ya hope all is well at home now I'm going to read the letter
 
love ya E. Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment