Thursday, August 9, 2012

July 15


So I head to Lima today after Internet to kinda complete my training.
and Friday I went to Huancavalica 6 hours by train from Huancayo to
translate for the air force, they are doing medical care for free but
needed translators. it was awesome. E. Mcghie sent a good picture home.
but the train was awesome and to help them was awesome. service in
general is awesome.

So we got the genera conference Liahona last week and it ws like
Christmas and nowIi have lots of time to  read it with my trip to
Lima today!

Oh and Ii sent some letters home. cost 7 soles each one. like 3
dollars! Oh and I miss subway so much right now.. that's all.

Obedience is a huge part of the mission and every one told me that
before but its more than just doing the right things. the bar keeps
raising its not just to obey but to obey for principal not just law.
and that is how life is we need ot obey for principal. we need to
understand why we obey not just do it. and we need to do it willing
and the blessings can be be so  much more for us. that's something I've
learned. and faith to. faith is when we do everything that we possible
can do and know and have faith that god will finish for us. and he
always will if we do our part. that is what we are trying to do as
missionaries. be worthy of miracles.

this week we had two baptisms and one was the daughter of the lady in
the wheel chair. her testimony after was so rewarding. she was a
miracle to us to be honest.  this week we have to work hard but I'm 2
days almost 3 in Lima.

this week in sacrament I almost cried. I was looking around and made
eye contact with all our converts and investigators in the meeting
and I realized that I have made friends here that are so dear to me
and eventually I'm going to leave its sad. I really love the ward and
the people especially the old time members.

ah aha and even the pencion. the place I live and eat. we had a popcorn
fight last night. well they threw popcorn at me haha but I love them
too.

I had a dream I was home last night. and that was a terrible dream. I
want to be here. the only good thing of the dream was Sunday dinner
of potato's and gravy!!  i really miss food from home. and the family
lots but this is were i need to be.

I didn't get to read all the letter so I'm printing it. hope all is well
Love you all

E. Montgomery



No comments:

Post a Comment