Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First Week in the Peru MTC

So lots has happend and I have learned so much.  We have a Latino
companion and a north American companion. Basically the Latino companion
is to learn Spanish during lunch hour and bed times because I'm always
with my north American one who is from Alta. Elder Morton. My Latino
comp is from Cuzco and is Elder Garcia. We teach TRC together and that is

hard to plan for together and I think this Saturday we are going out
together to teach non active members. No sé. 

The food is amazing butmy stomach doesn't like it so much. And couple
 days ago some missionary got pretty sick, like vomiting. But I'm fine that way.
It is so pretty here and supper hot. So today is p day of course and we went to the
temple. Super pretty building you should look it up. And we take a bus
and it is more thrilling than Disneyland rides! so after, we got to go
around and shop in some places. lI got some scripture covers and
also a sweet tie that is jazz retro purple colors!


I got to figue outhow to send pictures to show all of you. My enter
button doesn't work... it is way hard in class because the teachers just teach in
Spanish. I feel like I progress more outside of class but whatever God
has a plan, right.  Beside the language barrier, everything is great.
And I love playing futbol here. They have like the nicest field in Peru
I think, for real. There was something else i wanted to say but i don't
have time to think about it... oh I already have more color (tan) in

my face! Officially in the missionary tanning booth!  

Sunday is the best here of course. We get to study so much and every class is in
Spanish. But a video we watched wasn't and Elder Holland said something
cool. "Tell me how your obedience is and i will tell you how your
mission will be." I really believe in that so I am doing my best! A way
cool scripture that one of the elders that I traveled with showed me
was Alma 17.13.  It pretty much said what we were doing when we got off
the plane. Going our separate ways for the ones going to the field and
some to the ccm (mtc). It was pretty awesome.  

It really is to bad I can only write once a week because so many awesome 
things happen but by the time I can write I forget them and there is no time 
to search my journal for them! ha ha but here is a way funny joke in Spanish. 
So Chase you will probably laugh. What is the difference  between a pear
and a piña (girlfriend of a missionary), one is a pear and the other
no is pear! ( no wait) it is really funny here. We always laugh at it.
I wish I could have read more about that house you were talking about
but I'll try after. So about my district missionaries in Provo. Ya they
are all great and all wanted to write you. They really appreciated the
packages ha ha.  Any way talk to you soon and see you in a little. It now
marks one month. But who is counting. Something cool when we teach
our "investigators" time fly's so I'm not surprised why the mission goes
by so fast I cant wait. So far I love the people here. So humble.  

Love you,  
 E. Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment