Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Conference Week

First off yes I have seen elder Archuleta and no I did not get the opportunity to sing in the choir. Yes I think he may have gotten special treatment since he came a week after me and still got to sing, but duh!!

So there are a ton of things to talk about, first conference. I read Ryan's letter about writing down your question ( this was after conference) and I thought that was my problem I forgot to write it down, I didn't feel like I got my answer. Later yesterday I was going through my notebook of my thoughts that I have through out the day and I found that I did write it down! I was supper stoked! I then proceeded to go over my notes to see if I may have missed my answer.There it was. I wrote even in bold lettering! I knew my answer would come I had such faith in it and prayed so much for it so you can see why I felt down when I didn't think I got it.

My favorite talk was Elder Holland's. I love that parable, always have and now I see if from even a better perspective! I also saw a common theme in priesthood. I don't remember what was said, but I remember the feelings. I think that's what its all about. Especially on a mission- they don't care what you say or how you say it. They become converted by their feelings.

So we got our travel plans next week and we leave next Tuesday the 10th I think. At like 9:30. I think I can call home. It's kinda scary cuz I've only been here for less than three weeks by then. And ill miss the packages mom. But we have not heard anything about our visas. Mom I think every one on our floor wants you to send more bread. It was gone the night I opened it. And they would probably want you to keep sending some even when I leave. hahaha. It was awesome tho.

A dumb thought came to me this morning. After shaving every day for 2years, I better come back with the best beard!!I've had some hard things hit me this past week but it usually last only for the evening. I think I'm a little overwhelmed with how much we still have to learn and to leave this mtc for another country. I heard they contact there at the mtc and i don't think my Spanish is ready for that. I have learned so much. In elder Ty Bartlett's words. I've learned so much shiz these past weeks. In the gospel and Spanish! The devo's and firesides are the best! The seats sucK way bad but you get over it pretty fast. I always feel so pumped and ready to go after! Last night a member of the 70, Elder Wickman told a story about a fox whole while he was in the army. I wont tell the story but basically do it right the first time. When we are told to do something and we don't quite understand why, who ever told us to do it probably does. Especially with promptings. The big man knows whats up! I've learned that answers often come through scriptures that the spirit brings to our mind. we need to fill our filing cabinet so our little secretary can pull from it and communicate with us!

Anyway my next letter wiLL hopefully be from out of the country. I hope and know all is well and that I need not worry about things at home. Elder Wickman said. ' do you think after serving the lord fully for 2, the lord will let you down?" I know he wont. What ever is his will. I love all of you and talk to you soon!

e. montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment